Invitation to Parents
Dr. Norman Bethune Parent Council extends an open invitation to all parents/guardians of the students, to attend our council meetings.
The Council is made up of the School Principal, Head of Guidance, Council committee, Community Representatives, Parents and Guardians.
The Council's purpose is to ensure healthy community involvement in our school for the purpose of improving our students learning and school effectiveness. Our mandated role includes advising the Principal on several very important school issues. These involve some of the following areas:
- School Code of Behavior
- Curriculum and program goals and priorities
- School budget priorities and local capital plans
- School-community strategies
- Reporting to parents and community
- Responses to achievement in Provincial and Board assessments
- Community use of school facilities
- Involvement in Board policies at the local level
I encourage all parents and guardians to attend some or all of our sessions, voice any concerns or just be a listener into the discussions of the meeting.
If you wish further information regarding the Council, please feel free to contact the school’s main office at 416-396-8200.
Dr. Norman Bethune C.I.
School Advisory Council